Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Book 28 of 68: Love is a Mix Tape by Rob Sheffield

Here's another one I probably wouldn't have picked up on my own. It's a book that was literally thrust into my hands recently. I'm hoping my lack of pop culture savvy won't ruin this one for me. (My friend recommended I youtube some of the songs reference online if I feel I'm getting lost; that's not a terrible idea)

The premise, according to the inside flap of the cover, is pretty simple: a contributing editor from Rolling Stone magazine tells the story of his too-short relationship with a girl/girlfriend/wife named Renee through a series of mix-tapes they made for one another.

So there you have it. A love story told through the music of the 1990's. Or, as the book's tag line puts it: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment